Saturday, January 1, 2011

Prep work for the vegan start

Yesterday I went to Whole Foods to pick up a few essentials to start cooking vegan. TVP, nurtitional yeast flakes, amino acids stuff, soba noodles, vegan Worcestershire, vegetable broth & stock. Today I went to the other grocery store to pick up some more basics like some veggies and dairy free bread, lentils and more beans.

I started making some items, like cucumber water (it's something that is so tasty at a spa I figured I'd make it for myself) and guacamole. I plan to make some lentil soup tomorrow and some soba noodle salad and maybe some lentil salad.

For food today, I've done my best to eat up lots of the things I consider tempting, like my Vermont Cheddar Cheese...and some bacon...mmmm, bacon. And tonight is pizza.

I'm really excited to be doing this starting tomorrow, parts of me wanted to start today but I'm waiting. I did have my last green smoothie this morning, until February (I think).

Keeping up with this, I'm continuing yoga as many days as I can...that and running. So far I feel fantastic, so now I'm looking forward to seeing what happens to my body next. Stay tuned

No comments:

Post a Comment