Sunday, January 9, 2011

Vegan day 8 - start of week 2!

Good morning blog readers!

Here are the stats that I know you were weighting for (hehehe)

Down 2 pounds in the first week

Now keep in mind I'm not keeping track of calories, fat, carbs, protein, etc...I'm simply following a vegan diet and working out. This experiment was meant as a detox and cleanse as well as to see if I could actually follow a vegan diet for a month...but losing 2 pounds in the first week makes me very happy.

Here's why...if you are trying to lose weight, 1-2 pounds a week is the best way to do so since it means you're going slow (getting the right amount of nutrients etc) and more likely to keep it off. Since I'm trying to cleanse and the weight loss is a bonus right now, wahoo on 2 pounds!

Today is Sunday which means a lazy day (after yoga). I'm going to make some "egg" sandwiches for breakfast, heat up some chili this afternoon, and then this evening is the bf's signature dish, taco rice.

OK, off to make some breakfast!

Oh, and on the how I'm feeling scale...I'd say about 8.5 to 9 in terms of peaceful, happy, stressfree, etc. I am looking forward to week 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment