Monday, January 10, 2011

Vegan day 9 (wow really?)

So we are starting up the second work week and I have already changed things up a bit. This morning I made a green smoothie since my kale was getting ready to go. I did bring with me a Vega bar, but ended up not eating it...I had 2 dates as a snack instead (mmmm, dates). Dates are the one thing that make me think I could make it as a raw vegan for a month...no really, I think I could eat dates and raw almonds for a good week without getting tired of them, plus a green smoothie...but not until summer.

Lunch is leftover chili and a good thing too because my office is freezing today! The chili is warming me up.

I also brought in the peanut butter cookies I made yesterday. Have I mentioned that they are the tastiest vegan baked good I have ever eaten? Seriously, they are delicious! I have had one cookie today, and will have at least one more (so if I complain next Sunday about not losing weight, we all will know why!)

For dinner I think I'm going to make some soba noodles & tofu with peanut sauce or I will make some homemade hummus and have a wrap. Either way, I'm having a great day today.

I am very sore which is from all of the yoga I have been doing. It's such a good sore feeling...and I know at yoga bootcamp tonight I will be hurting, but it's a wonderful hurt. Have I mentioned where I go to yoga? I go to TruHarmony and they are wonderful!

Anyway...I'm really happy with how I'm feeling and how great of an experience this vegan journey is becoming. More things to experiment with this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment