Thursday, January 27, 2011

Vegan day 26

I'm feeling much better so I'm back to making more food. So roasted vegetables were made for lunch today along with a salad. I haven't made green smoothies in a while so I'm increasing my amount of salads this week. I had one for dinner last night with some bean soup...so lunch today is a salad and some roasted veggies. I'm also increasing my fruit to at least two pieces a day.

When I went to my doctor on Monday she had said to be careful I don't eat too many carbs while being a vegan (she told me she was vegan for 3 years). I've taken that to heart and I'm trying to increase my protein and decrease my grains, also increase my fruits and veggies.

Since I wasn't feeling well earlier this week I haven't been getting enough nutrients, so a vega shake will be consumed at work as my snack since I had some low sugar oatmeal this morning (I really love oatmeal in the winter so I needed that back in my diet).

Back to yoga tonight (yay) and back to running tomorrow (yay) since I am feeling back to 100% again...I hate getting sick, but I should just admit it rather than prolong it.

Anyway...day 26, coffee this morning with soy creamer (french vanilla yum) and it's great...I may start up with alcohol at day 28 but vegan will be at least 30 days, if not more...vegetarian will stay for sure...that was an easy decision to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment