Thursday, January 13, 2011

Vegan day 12

I know I skipped day 11, but I double posted on day 10 so that should make up for it.

Yesterday was day 11 and it was a good day to be vegan. I started off with a breakfast sandwich using the "egg" I had made on Sunday for my sammich...that reheats easily and tastes just as good reheated (if not a little better). II went running outside an hour after breakfast so I had a green smoothie as a recovery drink (though the only greens I had in the house were lettuce and spinach, it still worked out well and tasted good).

Lunch was a veggie wrap...I'm leaning how to fold those better, just to look like a burrito instead of a wrap, but it worked for me. The hummus seems to taste better as it sits in the fridge. Wrap was hummus, lettuce, spinach, tomato, avocado. Snack was dates and nuts at work, I love dates and I need to be careful because 2 dates have 140 calories, so they are packed full of calories, but so tasty.

Dinner, I finally made the "wait for you stew" recipe. I put everything into the crock pot before going to work (my late shift yesterday) and when I got home just put it in a bowl and inhaled it. I had to stop myself from eating more it was so tasty. The bf agreed...he did make some egg noodles to mix with it (he's not going vegan with me, but is enjoying a number of the dishes I'm making). I highly recommend this recipe (Quick and Easy Vegan Comfort Foods).

I also decided that next week I need to switch up my cookbooks. Not that I don't LOVE the one above, but I need to start trying some other things too (me thinks).

Anyway, things are going great in the vegan experiment. Yoga is tonight which will help with my cleanse...and possible eating over at friends this weekend which should be interesting to report on :)

No comments:

Post a Comment