Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Vegan day 4, plus a run

This morning I woke up and hung around the house for about 45 minutes before going for a run, this was a change from how I normally do a morning run. I'm glad that I did since I was able to really wake up this morning.

It was 11 degrees outside with a slight breeze..more importantly it was my first run of the year as well as my first run being vegan. I ran about 3 miles this morning, no watch so no idea on time, I ran how I felt (something I'm going to try and do more). It was a nice run, cold for the first mile, so I think I under dressed a bit, but it was fine. I felt amazing on my run. I was worried about it, not because I couldn't run 3 miles, but because some of my fear on going vegan was that it would negatively affect (effect? I always get that confused) my athletic ability. I wasn't sure how my running would change. Strangely enough, I never was concerned about yoga even though my yoga bootcamp class burns about as much calories as an hour run (per a Timeout Chicago article).

Alright time to discuss the vegan side more. This morning I did much better with my tofu scramble. The portion size was better and I added more spices creating more flavor. I also added a dash of vegetable stock while the tofu was cooking, that added flavor too. I also wanted to add some green vegetables to my scramble, so I cut up some broccoli and added some fresh dill...delicious! Lastly, I doubled the amount of nutritional yeast from what I used yesterday, that was much "cheesier". The rest of my day today will be the same as yesterday (soba noodle, lentil soup, banana & grapes with almond butter). Tomorrow will be my first eating out attempt...more details to come :)

I feel really good. I felt a little "hung over" this morning, though I haven't had any alcohol since the 1st so I'm not sure what this is about, but I feel fine now. Getting ready to go to work...have a great day world.

No comments:

Post a Comment