Monday, January 17, 2011

Vegan day 16

Today was quite a different day, and I'm not afraid to ask if something is vegan anymore.

I had to go get my blood work done today (will find out next Monday what it all says). I fasted since last night until my 8am blood draw...but I made a green smoothie and brought it with me. I made the "Morning Zing Smoothie" which was not cold enough, a bit too thick, but easily fixed (and will be fixed tomorrow morning). I downed that after I gave blood, which of course was not good on my tummy...at least I made it through 75 minutes of yoga :)

Then I dashed over to Whole Foods to pick up some red lentils for the dinner I had planned. Home and out again to meet a friend for lunch. We went to Roti for lunch, a chain (imagine Chipotle but for Mediterranean food). I asked a lot of "is that vegan" questions. You would think after I ask it once, I wouldn't need to keep asking it. Like I said, "is the pita vegan?" "I don't think so" ok easy, no pita then. Then I was asked what sauce I wanted, to which I responded, "which is vegan?" and the guy looked at me like I had 6 heads. I rephrased, "do any have eggs or milk in them?" light bulb moment...I could have the tahini sauce. Then the last guy skipped over all of the veggies and I was like, um, I want some olives man..."you'll have to pay extra" really? I can't have half of the stuff I'm paying for, which you have no problem with, but you're going to give me sh*t about some olives? (They didn't charge me extra for them).

My falafels were delicious and I was happy that we went there...but really man, that was a little frustrating.

More chilling after a lovey lunch, then a hair appointment (with products not tested on animals)...then home to make dinner. Tonight, very successful dinner...linguine with spinach & artichoke in a red lentil sauce. A bit lemony which is easily fixed, but very tasty and high in fiber and protein (lentils + whole grain pasta +). Yay! Plus a piece of the wheat bread I made yesterday.

Overall a successful vegan day...still not craving any foods, but I am starting to crave coffee but I can make it a bit longer.

Yay for day 16!

No comments:

Post a Comment