Friday, January 7, 2011

Vegan, day 6

I cannot believe how quickly this first week is going. So many wonderful foods have been tried, so many new ones that I have the courage to experiment with!

The seitan last night turned out great...I need to learn how to make the "fried chikin'" stuff stay on better (soy milk & panko breadcrumbs) but man was it delicious. I was able to bring some to work today to heat up and put on my salad, as well as a cup of lentil soup (finished off whatever was not frozen).

I did not make the avocado panini's last night, those will be made tonight. Instead I made some black beans and mixed in some brownrice and quinoa...that with the seitan just was so good.

I am feeling very refreshed and am having an easier time waking up in the morning. I don't always want to get out of bed, but it's easier to get up. I also have more energy during the day and just a very positive attitude overall.

On Sunday I plan to review the blog posts from this week and then give an overall feeling scale (similar to how I started things off on Sunday). I am interested to see what the scale says on Sunday, I haven't cheated to see yet, but I am mighty curious.

(WARNING, POTENTIAL TMI AHEAD)
One thing about going vegan, I am now visiting the bathroom more often, it's easier, and it's pretty much on a good schedule.

(TMI is over now)

I am glad I have incorporated the green smoothie into this week (yesterday was kale, cilantro, spinach, pineapple (fresh), mango & strawberries) and I think I'll make one post work & run tomorrow.

Another interesting thing, I have not craved alcohol at all (I gave that up as well at the beginning of the week for the month). I figured that was going to be something I wanted, but no cravings for it yet which makes me happy.

Ok blog readers...that is all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment