Saturday, January 29, 2011

Vegan day 28

28 days...I've made it through rehab *lol*...of course I'm thinking of having a pint today if we go ice skating, I think I'm supposed to wait until day 29 for that, but oh well.

Day 28 of being a vegan, I feel great.

Last night I made vegan deep dish pizza. I made the dough (same recipe as before, only seasoned this time and a mix of white and wheat flour). I made my own sauce. I had daiya mozzarella cheese (OMG yum) and some veggie sausage. I also added some grape tomatoes and lots of spinach.

The final product?


I ate half of that last night (it was created in an 8 inch pie pan). That is about 650 calories or so for half of the pizza (being aware that vegan pizza is still pizza, thus deep dish is still deep dish) but it was well worth it. I had run last night so I enjoyed my reward.

Other than that, I've been enjoying my roasted veggies and green smoothies. The strawberry-kiwi with banana, kale, spinach and mint yesterday was great, but I liked replacing the banana with mango today better. I may have to pick up some more kiwi's since they are delicious in a green smoothie.

I'm looking forward to making roasted brussel sprouts for dinner tonight, since I opted for the pizza yesterday...I hope that those turn out great.

Other than that, it's off to yoga and then potentially a run...and hopefully ice skating.

No comments:

Post a Comment