Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Vegan - day 10...DOUBLE DIGITS!

Wow, we're already into the double digits? Awesome.

So there are a few wonderful things to report so far today.
1 - while heating up my lunch (leftover chili) I was standing next to a vending machine. I then realized that there are very few items in the vending machine that I "can eat" simply based on the name of things. I feel better about what I'm eating now since I can't make a lunch out of a vending machine.

2 - I discovered that the Vega shakes really are the best tasting ones since I tried another one this morning (Whole Foods version) and the taste was just not there.

3 - I'm excited about making the soba noodles tonight (dang it) since I'll be home by 7 so it won't seem too late to cook them.

4 - the best news of the day? Alicia Simpson emailed me! I sent her an email thanking her for her recipes and how wonderful her cookbook is, etc...she emailed me back! She thanked me...are you kidding? She has made this transition so easy!

By the way, I did (well the bf did) order her new book for me last night, so I expect to be trying holiday dishes vegan now as well.

I am tempted to stay vegan beyond the 30 days...I think what will happen is I will stay vegetarian and try to stay vegan, but if I want some cheese, I'll have some...but we'll see. Just because we've hit the double digits doesn't mean I'm ready for the long hall yet.

How am I feeling? Fantastic. It's girly time of the month and I really have no cramps, no back ache, no headache, no huge mood swings (still have some odd mood swings but not like normal). I'm quite happy that being vegan (and the yoga and running) are having a positive change to "that time of the month".

No comments:

Post a Comment