Saturday, January 8, 2011

Vegan day 7

Well today has been an interesting day for being a vegan...I had my first "food emergency"today so to speak, and I also had a wonderful food surprise today too.

This morning I made a tofu scramble before work with spinach, tofu, onion, garlic, cilantro, dill, nutritional yeast and spices (yummy). I went to work, had some cashews but did not drink enough water (we were really busy for those 4 hours). As I was headed home I had a Clif Builder Bar (chocolate mint) which is vegan and it was chocolate and delicious and made my day and felt like a treat and omgwtfbbq!!!1! but seriously, it was wonderful. I then came home and ran 4 miles in the cold which once I got going, I felt wonderful!

Made a green smoothie as a recovery drink which was a good idea.

The next part of the day turned into the food emergency...we went and did laundry and I started thinking about what to do for dinner...I started to get hungry and then some kids came in with food...I had to come up with a dinner plan quick and get through the grocery store fast.

We went to the store, picked up a few things, and then I realized I needed something to eat quick...luckily there were some pretzels. Funny thing was, it took me a couple of tries looking at the ingredients to find something and I was to the point of, well, honey could be ok...but no! I stuck with my full vegan plan and found something.

OK so dinner tonight, chili. I've made a vegetarian chili since I started making chili so that is simple...I just added a few extra veggies to it tonight and rehydrated my own tvp rather than buying frozen boca crumbles. It tastes great so far...no cheese or sour cream needed.

I think I do need to pay attention to my calorie intake on running days and possibly on yoga sculpt/bootcamp days since I have a headache still (from the "food emergency") and I think it's because I didn't really eat enough before running.

Tomorrow I hope to make the breakfast sandwiches and some peanut butter cookies...as well as some black bean soup possibly...and the wait for you stew later this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment