Monday, January 24, 2011

Vegan day 23 - and coffee

I went to my doctor this morning for a check up. We talked about me going vegan, coffee free, alcohol free, etc. She was vegan for 3 years so we chatted a bit about that. She suggested I go vegetarian and not stay 100% vegan since it's hard to keep the protein up and it's easy to eat too many carbs. She said to keep it up for now though.

When we started talking about cravings, I brought up coffee. My doctor asked why I cut it out with all the other changes...she asked why not drink decaf...she mentioned a number of things. Finally she just said, drink the coffee, it's not bad for you.

So I came home and I made coffee. I feel so much better than I did when I woke up this morning. I think drinking coffee is going to give me that extra boost to keep the vegan lifestyle going a bit longer. If not vegan, vegetarian for sure.

For today, I wasn't really hungry so I had an orange and some pistachios...now I'm munching on a few pretzels as well. Lunch later will be some leftover roasted vegetables and maybe a cup of black bean soup I have at work...dinner leftover tomato soup and a boca chicken patty I think. Tomorrow I'll get back to cooking things from scratch again, but today I'm taking the day off :)

Things are looking good with energy and my skin is pretty bright and clear, I like it.

OK, relaxing a bit more before work...

No comments:

Post a Comment