Friday, January 14, 2011

Vegan Day 13 - the truth behind sugar

I found out today that not all sugar is vegan...that's right not all sugar is vegan! Not only that...not all beer and not all wine is Vegan!

http://www.veganproducts.org/index.html

That is the website I found today. So the "vegan peanut butter cookies" may not have been 100% vegan...but they were mostly vegan so I'm not beating myself up about it. I did go and purchase new sugar today though in light of this information.

I also checked out my favorite beer (Magic Hat) and they are a vegan beer (phew).

Next, I emailed one of my favorite wines (337) to see if they are vegan...as of this moment I still do not know. Luckily I am not drinking this month (unless I go see the Bears play or attend a Bears playoff party of some sort).

So that was my news for the day...very upsetting.

In other news...my first vegan pizza is in the oven. I made my own dough and then topped it with some olive oil, fresh tomato, spinach and mushrooms, and a few slices of vegan mozzarella cheese. The bf took the dough and made a non-vegan pizza...both are cooking now. I'm excited to see how they turn out.

So now...tomorrow...yoga + running or a flirty girl fitness class...plus I need to experiment with a few new recipes (coconut bread and my sister-in-law sent me a bread recipe too).

Lots of vegan goodness in the kitchen on this 3 day weekend...hopefully lots of posts on here so that all of you can try!

Here is the pizza dough recipe.

TGIF

No comments:

Post a Comment