Saturday, January 15, 2011

Vegan day 14 - continued with recipes

So I took a phone pic of tonight's meal.

Luscious Coconut bread
Roasted Kale
Creamy curried cauliflower soup



Review time!
Coconut bread - I'm getting addicted to it. I think the next time I will make them into muffins instead and may add some almond extract. It's quite addictive.

Roasted kale - this is the easiest recipe in the world and it is really freaking tasty.
4 cups firmly-packed Kale
1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp. good-quality sea salt
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Wash and trim the kale:Peel off the tough stems by folding the kale leaves in half like a book and stripping the stems off. Toss with extra virgin olive oil. Roast for five minutes. Turn kale over. Roast another 7 to 10 minutes until kale turns brown and becomes paper thin and brittle. Remove from oven and sprinkle with sea salt.Serve immediately
Makes 2 servings

I ate both servings...and I used garlic olive oil instead of extra virgin which added a little extra flavor...but wow, yummy!

Creamy Curry Cauliflower Soup
- I hate to say it, but I was a little disappointed in this soup. By the time I finished my bowl I was less disappointed. This was an example of mind playing tricks. The color reminded me of butternut squash soup, so I kept expecting something sweeter, but it was very spicy with the curry. I added a bit of sea salt too because it was a tad bland yet spicy...I think the next time I might add a bit of olive oil (as the comments suggested).

Overall I was happy with the meal and the soup was filling...I only ate one piece of the coconut bread.

So for the day:
Breakfast - Luna bar
Workout 1 - 60 minutes Yoga Bootcamp & Sculpt
Lunch - Vegan biscuits and gravy, green tea
Workout 2 - 5 mile run
Snack - Green smoothie (fresh banana, frozen strawberry, frozen mango, fresh kale, fresh baby spinach, fresh dandelion greens, splash of flax oil), detox tea
Dinner - Coconut bread, roasted kale, creamy curried cauliflower soup (above)

And the other bread...still rising...8-10 hours for the first rise! Then I need to do some more stuff and then the bread goes into the fridge until I can bake it tomorrow morning.

That's enough for today...enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment