Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Vegan day 18

Sorry for not posting a day 17 update, but yesterday I just felt off and exhausted...plus I had to take my kitty to the vet after work so that was my focus.

I'm really tired and I don't know if I'm fighting off getting sick or if it has to do with the detoxing of everything all at once. I may cave on the coffee after 21 days since that is a really bad craving I am having...but I'm going to keep trying to make it 30 days with no coffee.

I'ver also been being a bit lazy in terms of food this week. Yesterday my lunch was hummus, pretzels and snap peas (plus a yummy cup of instant vegan tortilla soup). Dinner was the left over curry cauliflower soup (which I improved by adding some ingredients) and an open face avocado, tomato & "mozzarella cheese" sandwich. Lunch today is again hummus, pretzels, snap peas and a vega shake, and dinner will be the leftover pasta from Monday night.

I've been cooking so much which is great, but I just need a few easy nights not to worry about it. Tomorrow night is easy too...baked potato and some tempeh is the plan. Friday night my plan is boca burgers...so I think one week of "easier" dinners gives me a good idea of how this will be if/when I lose the desire to cook something every night of the week (if I stay on this vegan journey beyond 30 days).

Overall though things are good, just tired and a bit "blue", but I'm thinking that's more due to it being January and a high of 8 degrees scheduled for Friday rather than the vegan experiment.

2 comments:

  1. You're doing a great job! I'm proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well thank you "I heart FFD" I'm really excited about this journey so far

    ReplyDelete