Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Vegan day 3 - honey?

Well wow...honey is in all sorts of things! I had no idea and I am trying to be on a full vegan diet which means no honey. I have a number of wonderful granola bars and kind bars which I adore...they have honey in them so they are out. I have been drinking tea instead of coffee and in my tea I like honey...so I switched it to agave, OMG it's delicious! Try it, I'm telling you, really delicious.

This morning I slept in a bit since I didn't have to be at work until later. My initial plan was to go for a run, however, my bootcamp class left night has left my legs and abs slightly sore...and I'm running tomorrow...yoga Thurs, Fri, Sat and Sun...so today I took off.

Instead, I made a high protein breakfast, relaxed a bit, and then will be off to work. The breakfast this morning, my first tofu scramble. I used the basic recipe out of Quick and Easy Vegan Comfort Food and it was quite delicious. I'm becoming more comfortable with the new ingredients I'm working with.

My body today feels much more energized. I think that's why I wanted to run so badly, but opted I needed to rest.

The plan for the rest of the day for meals...soba noodle salad and lentil soup, snacks are some dried apricots (I dehydrated them last night), grapes, banana and almond butter...I'll add some variety next week, but hey the apricots are new :)

No comments:

Post a Comment