Friday, January 28, 2011

Vegan day 27

What a wonderful morning! I started off with some coffee adding a bit of soy french vanilla creamer (yum) and then I had a wonderful green smoothie made with fresh strawberries, kiwi, a frozen banana, some kale, baby spinach and mint. Delicious!

Last weekend a friend had asked me if I was going to Stanley's to get my fruit and veggies. For those who do not live in Chicago, Stanley's is a fantastic market where you get inexpensive fruits and veggies...but don't go overboard because they do not last too long. I was good yesterday and bought some strawberries, kiwi (10 for $1, only bought 4), cucumber (to make cucumber water again), lemon, asparagus (on sale!) and brussel sprouts...so I'm eating up the fruit already and tonight I'll need to make something with the brussel sprouts or asparagus.

Anyway, I hadn't even thought about going there, so I'm glad my friend mentioned it. It's just down the street from me.

I feel so fantastic...between yoga last night and almost a month of being vegan, I just feel so alive and full of energy. I was curious if I was going to get to this point of feeling fantastic, and it's just taken over me completely today. I feel kind of like I'm floating.

I wonder if that means I've detoxed everything (almost) out? Of course, I am thinking of having a pint this weekend after we go ice skating...but 28 days of alcohol free for a detox is good enough for me :)

I can't believe how alive I feel. Yay for being vegan!

No comments:

Post a Comment