Saturday, January 15, 2011

Vegan day 14

I swear, each day it is becoming easier and easier to follow the vegan diet. I have found that some people are making comments and some teasing sort of behind my back (which is not cool) but at least it's making them think about veganism a bit. I truly think this may last longer than 30 days since we are nearing the halfway point and there is so much I am still learning!

Last night I made a vegan pizza which was a HUGE success:

Big photo, sorry about that...but you needed to see the full deliciousness. I provided the crust recipe in yesterday's blog post...and the toppings were sliced tomato, fresh spinach, fresh mushrooms, garlic olive oil and vegan mozzarella. Next time I will oil a bit more, and I think get a different brand of "cheese" but it turned out just great...I have some leftovers for tomorrow during the game (GO BEARS!)

Today will be a cooking adventure. I went to Whole Foods and they had a nice little "paper" with a recipe for curry cauliflower soup...so I'm making that today. My Mom found a recipe for roasted kale, so I'm making that as well.

I also found a coconut bread recipe which just sounds like heaven and I'm going to make that today (without the Ener-g egg replacement). Then I also need to make more of my peanut butter cookies from last week (per request from the bf).

I have had a full day already...yoga first thing, shopping at Whole Foods, and then lunch with some friends. We went to The Handlebar which has been one of my favorite restaurants for a few years now. The funny thing is, I have never had their brunch/breakfast items. A friend told me that their vegan biscuits and gravy were amazing so I had to try them. OMG my belly is so freaking full right now. Seitan sausage, wheat biscuits, DELICIOUS. I was a bit sad that I cannot have the smoked Gouda mac n cheese as a vegan, but I will adapt. Seriously though, amazing biscuits and gravy...I should have found time to run before the meal...once it digests though I will be sure to run this afternoon...while the bread is rising or something :)

So 2 weeks are almost done...I'm interested to see how I feel tomorrow and make the comparison on the past couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment