Thursday, August 27, 2009

VPN

Why is it when I VPN into work I can't get into IE or Firefox? I can access the network and my email but no web. I need the VPN to access one website at work, but it just wouldn't work for me. So when I disable it and still can't connect, restarting works.

Of course I always hate when IT help tells you to restart your computer because I do those steps before calling them (I didn't call in this case, I'm just saying). Anyway, it's just annoying.

Luckily the file I need I had emailed earlier in the day to someone and I could access webmail to get it. Funny how work can be brought home now...maybe that's part of the obesity epidemic...we work so much and bring it home, and don't have time to work out...except I did today.

Anyway, that's my observation...VPN is weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment