Wednesday, August 12, 2009

First observation & rant

I work in the loop (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago_Loop) and one thing I see everyday on my lunch break...tourists. I appreciate people touring this fine city, adding to the economy, etc. I do not appreciate seeing children who are able to walk in strollers. I am not talking about a one year old who is learning how to walk, I am referring to a child who looks to be closer to 4 years old.

If, as a society, we are concerned about obesity, why do we have children being pushed in strollers when they are able to walk? Is it really that much of an inconvenience to slow your steps slightly so that your child can keep up? Isn't it more of a problem to bring the stroller with you? What's worse, is seeing the big sister who looks to be about 10 having to deal with the stroller and kid brother.

It appears to me that most of the laziness that is happening to Americans is ingrained in us very young...if we're still pushing pre-schoolers around in strollers.

No comments:

Post a Comment