Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Habitat for Humanity

I participated in Habitat for Humanity today and I was so excited. While in undergrad I had tried to sign up for it, but there were too many volunteers and I never got to participate. So when the opportunity came up at work, I took it.

We went down near Midway airport to these two houses that were already built, but still needed some work. Starting off I installed some door stoppers, at first without a wrench, then we found one :)

After the door stoppers I started staining the deck's with two work friends. We were able to be outside and it was beautiful out! We were rocking the staining, in fact, the House Manager told us multiple times he was impressed. We ended up staining 3 decks today, we rock.

We were lucky with the weather and the people who were helping out. We got a lot done as a group. Installed cabinets, painted, put posts in for a fence, just lots of good stuff.

Got home a bit earlier than I usually do...so went for a run, first one in a few weeks. It felt good, even with the heat & humidity, it was a good run. After the run, my boyfriend and I decided to unpack and organize more. We really got a lot done considering it was after a long day. Now it's time to relax, since I did not get the wireless card working yet, but there is a plan! So should have it running soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment