Sunday, September 13, 2009

Wedding weekend spectaular

This was a long weekend...and quite fun though busy. Friday I took the day off for a ladies day for my friend Rani. Her wedding was Saturday (13th) so on Friday I met up with her, the other attendant (Dee) and the brides Mom (Mum). We had on these t-shirts that showed we were all in a wedding together, and we had lots of people paying attention to us because of it. It was fun to see Rani getting this attention, though when people kept telling her congratulations she didn't always know what to say. So after a nice light lunch, we went to get our nails done. We had fun, we really did, lots of chatting and planning, and relaxing too. After nails off to get some chocolate and then relax with some tea. We headed up to the bride's apartment for the rehearsal and I was able to meet her family. We went over as much as we could for the next day, and I'm really glad that we did.

Observation - it is best to go over all the big and little things the day beforehand. The actual day of the wedding goes much smoother when your wedding party knows your expectations.

After going over everything we headed to dinner and that was very lovely as well. Then home!

Saturday I went and get my hair done for the wedding. One of my gifts to the bride was to dye my hair. She likes me better as a brunette, and so I went brunette for her.



After my hair was done, I met up with Dee and Rani at Rani's salon. She was really, really relaxed.

Observation - a relaxed bride who gives herself extra time, really freaking cool.

After hair and makeup was done, we went to Wolfy's for a hotdog. That was fun. Rani ended up getting a free T-shirt and bottled water since she came in half ready for her wedding. It really was hillarious and delicious.

Observation - food is good, water is good, free shit is good

Then it was 2pm, and photos were being done at 3...and no one was dressed and the two attendents didn't have their makeup done. That was a big hectic, but we managed to get everything done and the bride dressed by 3:15.

Observation - remember that it takes the attendents/bridesmaids some time to get ready too!

Photos went ok, though I felt that the main photographer (a friend of the bride & groom) had no idea what she was doing. Whatever, things were taken care of and I'm sure they will be happy.

Observation - speak up and tell the photographer to do what you want them to do and not just be oh, ok, I guess. Especially when you love taking photographs!

Next was getting everyone over to the venue. I really think that this was one of the areas we could have better prepared and I understand now why limo's are used so frequently for weddings, it's just easier not to have to worry about it.

At the venue, things were not all 100% like they should have been, but because we had reviewed what the bride and groom wanted the night before, everything was easily fixed...except the one guest that I didn't want to deal with was her normal self. Oh well, only pissed me off two or three times at the wedding.

Lots and lots of dancing, good food (canolli cake), and a good time.

Observation - if you pick the music you like, people will dance. If you pick the food you like, people will eat. If you have an open bar, everyone is happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment