Friday, September 25, 2009

Fall memories

Each year I become homesick. I'm homesick for my childhood home...well not exactly. I miss Vermont at this time of year. I was lucky enough to go to Vermont in September last year, but was unable to this year. I hope that in 2010 I'll be able to, but that all depends on if I run away to Europe after graduating grad school.

Vermont is a very special place, especially in the fall. One morning you wake up and the color is green, the next morning you start to notice a change, a few mornings later and the entire color wheel is all around you. I remember watching the mountains, the colors change in different layers. I miss the yummy smells and fresh apples that you just go and pick. I miss pumpkin picking (though I will do that next month in the suburbs of Chicago, Long Grove is a nice town that reminds me of home). I miss the cool mornings & evenings, with a nice temperature during the day. I miss frolicking around in the fall.

Hopefully I can go for a hike soon...but I'll wait until I hear about color's changing in the burbs :)

No comments:

Post a Comment