Sunday, September 27, 2009

Lazy Sunday?

I thought I was going to have a nice lazy Sunday today...instead I had a fun filled Sunday! I woke up early, well for a day I planned on sleeping in I woke up around 8. I checked on the bf (who was sick last night) and took the dog for a walk. I was all ready to go for a ride (something that doesn't happen very often since I was hit in April) and my back tire has a flat. So I make some breakfast, drive to do my errands (including getting a new tube and new patch kit) come home and fix the tire.

The accomplishment of fixing a flat was huge. I was missing my flat tire tool (which allows me to take the tire off of the wheel easily) so I used a flat head screw driver and a beer opener (my tigger one to be exact). I was frustrated at first, but I did it...changed it all by myself! So very proud of myself for that.

After fixing the tire, I needed to go for a ride...even if it was later than I planned. I am trying to build up the courage to bike commute again so I decided to ride down to work. Sunday's the traffic in the loop is not bad, my thought process is to desensitize myself to riding in the loop with little to no traffic, then build up to riding to work that way. Rode to work and wanted to ride more, so over to the lakefront. It was about 70 degrees, a light breeze, blue sky & sunshine. TONS of sailboats out, lots of people out enjoying the day, I was glad to be one of them. Rode around the museum campus (including this awesome new underpass!) and then back up on the lakefront trail.

Riding in River North & Streeterville on a Sunday afternoon is not a calm experience, so I was able to get some stressful riding in today as well, but nothing too bad.

12 miles all-in-all, not a huge distance, but the furthest I've gone by myself since April. When I returned home, I wanted to keep working out, so I did some weight training...now I plan to do some homework.

Funny, I have very little time for myself, and I thought I'd use it to relax more...but I love to ride and run and things so I can't really be surprised (I did run 3.4 miles last night too!)

OK, Bears are on, (Giants already won!)

No comments:

Post a Comment