Thursday, September 24, 2009

Just dive right in

So I am on my semi-annual diet spree...I typically start really watching what I eat and up my exercise right before the holiday's and then again right after. Sometimes I add a third before summer if I don't maintain the post holiday spree...but usually that one is just an huge increase in working out due to nice weather.

After getting sick last week and having a bit left over this week, I opted to still try for it. Plus I haven't really smoked much since I got sick. Yes over the weekend, while drinking, I smoked, but that was it...I haven't had a cigarette since Sunday night and it's Thursday night, no desire either...well at my shitty work day I did want one, but not to the point of actually really wanting one.

Anyway...I've done really well with keeping track of everything I've eaten this week (sparkpeople.com makes that easy). I've also done a great job at working out this week (Tuesday ran & abs, Wednesday yoga in the morning, Jillian Michaels 30 day shred in the evening, Thursday Yoga/Bellydance in the morning, ran in the evening, tomorrow yoga or the yoga/bellydance thing again). I was lucky because class ended up cancelled this week and tonight my internship is homebased (no one will be at the hospital) so I have some stuff to do here...that's allowed me to workout more.

I just get proud of myself for the little things...sticking with a routine for a week and not smoking and eating right...it all makes me feel pretty damn good. So tonight, we're indulging and getting Pockets for dinner!

Working out really does help with my stress level...this whole full time job with an internship and school doesn't leave much time for working out, but I must find the time...I'm a much happier person this way. Oh and the eating right thing helps too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment