Saturday, September 28, 2013

Grain free day 25

Yesterday was an adventure in eating.

I had the day off from work yesterday and was able to play in my glorious city (Chicago). I went on the lakefront, walked along Michigan Ave., met a friend for lunch, walked through Old Town and met up with more friends at the Lincoln Park Zoo...walked to pick up my car (the ONLY place I trust my car to is Cassidy Tire) and then up to my old stomping grounds in Lincoln Square to meet my best friends for dinner.

Yup I had 2 meals out of the house yesterday and it was easier than I thought it would be.

For lunch I met my girlfriend downtown and the menu had lots of *GF items. I trusted them that they were gluten free and I did eat a little bit of corn in my salad (so I wasn't 100% grain free yesterday I suppose but darn close). The salad was delicious.

For dinner I met my two besties at a wine bar and then off for Thai food. I love Thai food and I love that pretty much everything is grain free. I had the most delicious chicken and broccoli with peanut sauce...no rice. My friends had deliciousness as well that I totally cannot remember because I was too busy dreaming of being surrounded by the peanut sauce I was eating.

For dessert we had bananas in coconut milk...warm...omg I need to make this on my own at home, it can't be that hard.

I was super full and drive home very happy.

I do realize that I cannot drink like I used to though...way too much sugar. My belly was aching and I really believe it was due to the wine. I've had wine twice in the past month and each time I've woken up with either a headache or a belly ache...so I guess I just need to cut back on it even more :(

Weight wise I didn't lose much weight this past week but I am down 6 pounds since I started this journey. I will give a final weight tally next week closer to day 30.

I get tested on Monday about allergies...we shall see if I'm technically allergic or not...but even if I'm not I think I'm going to keep eating this way for a while.

Another reason I've started this journey is to see if it assists with fertility. I'm adding a new step today and that is acupuncture. I've been nervous about trying it for a few years, but now that we're been trying to conceive for a bit I'd like to give acupuncture a try. Between cutting out grains and adding the acupuncture (as well as going to my chiropractor and exercising) I'm hoping that things happen. I have to go get some blood tests done and I really don't want to go for treatments...so hopefully this will do the trick!

I am not being very scientific about this whole thing though since I'm changing multiple factors around the same time, but I figure, what the heck!

No comments:

Post a Comment