Thursday, September 26, 2013

Grain free day 23 - new addictions

I have almost always had a love affair with Chipotle Mexican Grill...and my favorite thing was getting the salad (once they introduced it). A barbacoa salad with both beans, mild salsa, 2 scoops of hot salsa cheese and no dressing...that was my salad. Last week I ended up going to get a salad from Chipotle because there really wasn't anything for lunch at the house that I wanted. I ordered my salad with no beans...still delicious but something was missing.

Today I have found my new addiction. A chicken salad with the fajita veggies, mild salsa, hot salsa and cheese :) If it wasn't $1.80 for guacamole I would add that too but $1.80 is just a bit much in my mind. I am in lunch heaven right now!

Some of the blogs and websites say "just saw no to fastfood" but I don't view Chipotle as fastfood...but even if it is, I'm getting as close to non-contaminated food as possible and so I say :P

I'm also addicted to finding new recipes and drooling over them on the internet and then trying to figure out how many of those ingredients I currently have at home so I can make it. This evening I am going to attempt to make the cauliflower cheesy breadsticks and then some chicken and broccoli. I don't know how I'm going to cook said chicken and broccoli but I will cook them.

Last night my husband made dinner. Red potatoes, green beans and bacon. It was delicious but really too starchy for me (I hate a lot of potato) and I haven't had that many carbs in one sitting in a while. It's funny, I used to think that I was a carb addict, but being away from them, I don't really want them that much. So it's true...once you cut them out you don't crave them nor do you really eat as much food in general.

I have my own little weigh in tonight so we'll see where I am at. I'm actually thinking I gained weight this week which is ugh but oh well...I still feel great (just a little tired)

No comments:

Post a Comment