Monday, September 23, 2013

Day 20 of living grain free

I can't believe I'm pretty much at the 3 week mark already. This is incredible!

For 10 years I have been scared of going grain free.
For 10 years I would try a day or two and claim that I had no energy...
I couldn't run...
I had headaches...
and would just start eating grain again.

For 10 years (well most of my life) I have yo-yo'd with my weight and what to do about it.
For 10 years I told myself I can't

But now I see that I can and I do!

There is so much delicious food out there to eat...but there is so much more to life than food!

Yes, in order to do this right you need to compensate for lost calories from grains...and fat is an easy way to do that. You can also eat tons of vegetables whenever you want. Mix things up.

Today for lunch I took a snack idea I had yesterday (pear with cheese wrapped in prosciutto) and turned it into an arugula and butter lettuce salad with pear, walnuts, feta, roasted beets and prosciutto with grapeseed oil and apple cider vinegar. I'm enjoying it now at 3pm as I type this...yup 3pm because that's when I got hungry after my 8am breakfast of steak, mushroom, eggs and cheese. I'll have a cup of soup tonight around 8...now to be fair on Monday's I usually eat everything later because I work late on Monday but still...I listen to my body now.

I also look forward to working out again...that has been missing for a while but it's back. I did take today off because of all of the happenings with the new pup...but tomorrow will be the gym and Wednesday a run and Thursday gym and Friday a run and so on and so on.

I also realized I could show you pictures of some of the delicious dinners I've been making, so sit back and enjoy!

Steak Fajita Salad


Slow cooked venison & carrots with steamed broccoli & cauliflower & parsnip puree


Grain free pizza!


Sausage, kale and potato soup


"Chipotle" chicken salad with homemade guacamole


No comments:

Post a Comment