Friday, September 20, 2013

Day 17 of no grains

Well this past week didn't equal as big of a weight loss in terms of the scale (down another 1.5 pounds) but that does make 5.5 pounds in 2 weeks which is a good thing. My pants are fitting much better which is a good thing but most importantly I feel better.

Last night I was super lazy on the dinner front though. We are fostering-to-adopt a second dog and he moved in last night. We already have one dog and one cat so now we're up to two dogs...that introduction took a bunch of energy, especially since dog #2 is very high energy...so dinner last night was throwing 2 chicken breasts in the oven, covering with homemade salsa, adding some cheese at the end and just eating that. Tonight I will attempt to make pizza using chickpea/garbanzo bean flour. I'm very excited about this for many reasons, but I think if this is successful my husband will be even more on board. I think he's starting to waiver and really wants to have some corn chips. As long as he doesn't start eating bread in front of me we'll be good.

I really don't miss bread though. I may make him some flaxseed wraps if he really starts missing bread...but right now I'm in a happy place with no grains.

My sister-in-law asked me last night if we can have polenta, I told her that corn isn't on the list of what we're eating right now since it's just too modified...she then asked about oats which I said were iffy. She wants to make us something yummy I know, and treats but it's just hard right now as we figure out what works for us. I do appreciate it though, she's super sweet!

This weekend I also plan to attempt to make grain free pumpkin spice muffins made by grounding up almonds. What was funny was when I picked up the chickpea flour yesterday I picked up the almond flour, saw it was $12 for the bag, looked at the ingredients, laughed and put it back down. All almond flour is is ground up (blanched) almonds...well I have tons of raw almonds at home and a food processor so...lots of adventures this weekend on the food front (and the transitioning the new pup).

I am starting to get a little bored with the meals I've been making though so I know it's time to open up the cookbook I bought...hoping that helps out. This morning I finished up the leftover apples & walnuts that I had made on Monday with some cheese but also fried up an egg...I don't think I would do an egg again with that mixture, but I wanted both so I ate both :)

No comments:

Post a Comment