Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Day 8...entering week 2 of no grains!

Whoa it's been a week already? I'm pretty impressed that it's a week later.

I had my first craving yesterday. I'm happy it took so long. I really wanted a glass of wine...like really, really badly. I did not give in but man did I want a glass of wine. Of course when I got home I saw that my husband was drinking a glass of wine and that made me all "grrr" on the inside...but I did not have a glass of wine.

Speaking of my husband, yesterday he joined in! He had one full day of no grains and is starting day #2. He has not given up sugar though (he enjoys 1 diet pop/soda or 1 gingerale a day) but he has been putting honey in his tea vs. white sugar. I'm proud of him *yay honey* for jumping on this with me since he is more of a carb addict than I am!

Yesterday I worked out for 90 minutes at the gym. I never workout for 90 minutes at the gym. I do my 30-45 and get out of there...but yesterday I did the circuits twice which took me about 35-40 minutes and then jumped on the bike for 30 plus a 5 minute cool down. I have been reading that on the wheat purge you don't need these long workouts but it felt really good. I got super sweaty during my bike ride. I felt so good that I am going today after work to do the elliptical even though today is not typically a gym day!

I've noticed some more skin changes. I had some hives yesterday and some extra pimple type things on my legs. I'm thinking a bunch of gunk is getting pushed out of me. After 33 years of eating lots of grain I'm not surprised (and lets be honest, I was eating well but enjoyed some processed food).

I have been tired though. There could be many factors to me being tired, but thought I'd mention that I'm tired. I'm also hardly ever hungry. I woke up this morning nauseous but then it turned into hunger...so I guess when I first wake up I'm hungry but never really hungry after that. It's odd not grabbing a snack at 10am...I like it though. I did enjoy a post workout snack yesterday which then made me not really want dinner, but ate something a bit late.

Dinner is my lunch today. I pounded out some chicken breasts and baked them in the oven with some tomatoes and peppers and then added mozzarella cheese (mmmm) and some spices too. Super yummy. That was it though...and both the husband and I only ate half the chicken and saved the other half for today. Today it is going to be eaten with a salad for lunch (lettuce and cucumbers on the salad but the chicken with the peppers and tomatoes will go on top as well). Dressing is grapeseed oil with apple cider vinegar. I also brought some grapes and almond butter to snack on. I do think that getting some natural sugars is a good thing, especially post workout...as long as there is protein attached to it.

I feel stronger and I feel much less bulky. I don't feel bloated but I should be (I'm a girl, who gets bloated at certain times of the month) though on Monday night I did feel gassy and bloated, that went away rather quickly (that may have to do with Monday being my late night at work more than this diet change).

My husband is sweet though, there are 2 beers left in our refrigerator that some house guests left us. I told him to drink them and he is saving them for me "just in case" I want a beer after this 30 days is done. I am a beer fan, but I have a feeling it will be wine and only occasionally but we shall see. Best intentions...

The gross stuff is still as consistent as it's been. A friend on instagram last night asked me how my digestive system was handling this change. I told her super. My husband is not in the same boat as me, but we had very different patterns in the past.

This weekend should be an adventure though. Last weekend there were lots of lessons learned...this weekend is going to be trickier...a 3 day festival where "gluten free" options may be available, but doubtful there will be many "grain free"...hopefully I can find a burger and just not eat the bun!

Today's meals:
breakfast omelette with zucchini, tomatoes, basil and mozzarella
lunch is leftover chicken and a salad
snack will be grapes and almond butter
dinner will be leftover pork cooked up with the leftover sweet potato

I hope that everyone has a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment