Thursday, September 5, 2013

30 days without wheat & grains - a new challenge

Yesterday I decided that I needed a new challenge...not just that I needed a challenge but I needed to do something. My stress level has been crazy, my weight has shot up, my knees ache, my skin is looking rough and I just feel depressed and icky.

After doing a bit of reading I decided it was time I looked at my diet as to the problem. I've decided to do some food elimination and see what that does. So out with the wheat and the grains for 30 days. I'm technically on day 2 just wasn't sure if I wanted to blog about it.

I think, after watching friends of mine take this challenge, it will be good for me. In addition to no wheat and grains I'm also removing alcohol and trying to not put sugar in my coffee...we'll see about that one though.

So yesterday was day 1 and I wasn't really prepared but went for it anyway. I typically have eggs for breakfast and that's what I did yesterday. Eggs and cheese and sausage :) Lunch was an apple and a banana with some nuts...a snack was cheese and dinner was chicken and salad...the chicken was similar to Chipotle chicken...plus some homemade salsa and guacamole.

Today I was more prepared. Breakfast was eggs with tomato, basil and mozzarella cheese. Lunch was cucumber & tomato salad with a few olives, some cheese & olive oil AND more guacamole (avocado is full of good fat and it's delicious). My workout snack (not sure if it will be pre or post right now) is a green smoothie made with strawberries, a little pineapple, mixed greens and weeds and some coconut oil and then I will have some nuts (need protein) and dinner will be steak fajitas no tortilla.

Drinks are water, tea, carbonated water, and green smoothies...coffee too if I can do it without the sugar.

I think I slept better last night but I feel it's impossible to tell this early...I'm excited to see what happens over the course of the next 29 days. I'm working out where I work and today is a weigh in so yes I'm on day 2 but I doubt I dropped 10 pounds from yesterday :)

I just want to feel better, have my skin go back to normal and not have my fat clothes be tight on me anymore. It would also be great if my nose stopped dripping all of the time, but that may be a different problem all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment