Friday, September 6, 2013

Day 3 of 30 days without grains

I feel really good today. Last night was my first workout and I had lots of energy for it. My knee stops aching when I'm working out and today it's not as achy (yay I can get a run in this weekend then!) I could have gone longer but decided I should go home.

I also went overboard at Costco yesterday. Organic chicken breast, pork shoulder (not sure if it was organic or not right now but I do know it will be delicious) but I'm making a chili verde recipe for the Bears game on Sunday (just found a turkey and chicken version!). And I also got some skirt steak (last nights dinner), cabot seriously sharp cheddar (my top 3 favorite cheese), and some feta cheese...all in bulk of course because it's Costco. I was really happy about the chicken breasts since it was $5.99/pound but I don't think I've seen Organic Free Range chicken for only $5.99/pound in the Chicago area before. So we have some food ready to go. I may end up only using half of the pork and freezing some, but everything else is frozen.

Anyway...today I had the same breakfast of a caprese omelette but my lunch is much different. I had made a garlic zucchini soup earlier in the week with my zucchini from my garden so I'm going to enjoy that with a sausage. I have a banana and strawberries with raw nuts for a snack today. Dinner depends on what company we have over for dinner...it may be leftover steak.

Now gross stuff...you can skip this part if you get grossed out about things easily.

POOP!

I am not always the most regular person in the world, but this morning I've gone twice already and they were very nice poops.

***NO MORE GROSS STUFF***

My skin isn't changing yet, but I'm keeping an eye on that one.

I do feel like my back is less achy in addition to the knee...and I woke up this morning at 5:30...decided to stay in bed until 6 but I still woke up at 5:30...next week I will try the getting out of bed when I wake up at 5:30. I do think I have more energy.

Oh how am I forgetting this part! I'm sitting right in front of donuts. I can smell them and they smell super sweet, like too sweet. Mind you I had a donut as recent as last weekend so the fact that I can smell them and that I don't really like the smell right now makes me happy. Though writing about the donuts is making me hungry so I will grab a handful of nuts.

Lastly I did have coffee with milk this morning. No sugar. I have always taken sugar in my coffee. I really wanted coffee though and I wasn't about to add sugar to it so I just added a little extra milk. It may have also helped that I made pumpkin coffee :) Not sweetened just flavored...I'm super glad I got that one Starbucks Pumpkin Spiced Latte in before starting this challenge...as well as that one Pumking Pumpkin Beer in :)

I will try to get a run in tonight or tomorrow morning so I hope to have an update on that front...my fear about going grain free was always "but I need carbs to run so I can't do no carbs"...I think I just was lying to myself. If I really need carbs, I will have a sweet potato with lots of butter, but right now I'm trying to avoid the starches, at least for the first week.



No comments:

Post a Comment