Sunday, September 22, 2013

Day 19 of being grainfree and our new dog!

Good Sunday evening!

I have so many food stories to write about but I want to start with running stories. On Thursday evening we started fostering-to-adopt a new dog..his name is Hank and is is adorable!


See, adorable. He is approximately 2 years old and is a pit mix. We are fostering-to-adopt through a wonderful group called Peace for Pits. If you live in the Chicagoland area and are looking to adopt a dog, you will want to adopt through them. They rescue pit bulls and pit mixes from Chicago Animal Care & Control and foster them until they can find the right home. They are great!

Anyway, with this lil one transitioning into our home, dinner the first night was a bit difficult to make. I had made salsa earlier in the week so I just threw that on some chicken breasts and cooked it...on Friday night we had a dog trainer come over so I got grain free pizza crust ready and setting before she came and after she left cooked up some pizza. I used chick pea/garbanzo bean flour, ground flax seed, yeast and stuff....it turned out amazing!

With this new lil man I'm going to be running lots more. I was always nervous about going wheat free because of how much I used to run. I haven't been running as much as I used to (tons of excuses as to why) but I've been trying to run more recently. I found out yesterday the lil one is a great runner. We only went 1.75 miles yesterday but then went 2.7 miles today. He will push me to go further and faster for sure. I don't remember the last time that I ran 2 days in a row so yay on that...even if it wasn't far on either day, I did it. I felt great and I plan on running tomorrow morning too. I'm a little worried about his front paw though, it looks a little bit red, but I didn't look at before we started running together.

It could also be because he and our other dog keep playing like this:

They have so much fun together I can't stand it!

More about food though...post run snack today was pears and cheese wrapped in prosciutto...um yes that needs to happen more.

Other delicious items made this weekend. Pumpkin spice muffins made with ground almonds, ground flax seed, chopped walnuts, pumpkin, and egg, some stevia, baking powder and spices. Reheated with some butter and a little honey on it = happy lady! Another item...sausage, kale & potato soup. I went to the Farmers Market and got fresh sausage and kale and potatoes and onion and carrot...so it was deliciously fresh. Yes it had potatoes in it, but 4 small red ones and the soup makes 10 cups so not many at all. Super yummy.

Oh I also had my first glass of wine last night in 3 weeks...I woke up with a headache. I did have 2 glasses last night but was not expecting the headache. I'm guessing it was because I haven't had that much sugar in one sitting in 3 weeks. Lesson learned! More water needed and maybe limit it to one glass. I do have one bottle of hard cider that I've been saving...soon...soon.

Speaking of cider, I did splurge and have a mug warmed with cinnamon today...it's the first day of fall, I'm allowed :)

I really feel amazing. I do get tested in another week...we'll see if I have an allergy or not...even if I don't I'm thinking I will stay eating this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment