Saturday, October 5, 2013

Day 32 of no grains

I missed a few days in here towards the end and I do apologize for that. I also was unable to weigh myself on the same scale on day 30...but I did weigh myself on my scale at home and if that one is calibrated the same, I was down 9 pounds in 30 days!

More importantly though I just feel better. I tend to have more energy and am eating less overall. I love my workouts but on days I'm too tired I listen to my body. I get good sleep most nights (with the new puppy it's a little bit more difficult). I look good and I'm excited about keeping this going.

My blood test results came back saying I am not celiac, however, my doctor says if I feel better without the wheat, keep it out.

I experienced my first gluten free beer last night...just one. I've had a bit more to drink this week now that I'm past the no sugar portion...need to cut back again after tonight (I have a pumpkin cider I am excited about trying.) My gluten free beer tasted better than I was expecting. It was a pilsner style called "New Frist" by Lakefront Brewery in Milwaukee (the good land), WI . It was a bit sweeter but I thought it was quite tasty.

That was enjoyed with our chicken tacos where we cooked up chicken with onions and peppers and cilantro, added some homemade guacamole and served in lettuce taco "shells" (aka butter lettuce). Super yummy. Tonight I will be making pizza again from the wheat belly cookbook and enjoying my pumpkin cider.

Another interesting side effect of this no grain thing...or possible side effect...I could really tell that it was ovulation time. I had read that kicking wheat and grains out helps with fertility but man I could tell it was time this month! Hopefully that means everything will fall into place...but if you're looking to get pregnant (or avoid it) going grain free may be of assistance.

No comments:

Post a Comment