Thursday, October 24, 2013

Coconut Curry Chicken with broccoli and cauliflower

Last night I made a super easy and delicious dinner. I'm sure that I've seen a recipe like this somewhere and I did not create it out of my own head, but after doing a quick search on the internet and my history, I don't see this anywhere. I apologize if I'm not giving credit where credit is due.

So super easy dinner last night. I had just purchased some organic, pastured chicken thighs and wanted to eat them. I've been craving curry but haven't wanted to go out to get it. Problem solved! I coated 2 chicken thighs with Jamaican Curry (both sides) and put it in a dish. I then covered the curry coated chicken with coconut milk (I used the Thai Kitchen which seems thicker). I put a cover on it and put in the over at 350 for about 30 minutes. I then mixed in a bowl some coconut milk and curry and wisked together. In another dish I put a bunch of broccoli and cauliflower and drizzled the mixture over the veggies and stirred. They weren't coated enough so I did it a second time. I didn't want to have it be covered like the chicken because I thought that the veggies would get too soggy...so enough to coat but not drench. I then added some walnuts and salt and pepper, mixed it up, put a cover on it, and in the oven.

What was super nice was my husband is not the biggest fan of curry, so in another dish I made him jerk chicken thighs and used more of the cauliflower and broccoli and just did salt, pepper, garlic and butter. We were both happy campers in about 30 minutes.

Super easy and delicious. I would post a picture but I ate it up...and I don't think this dish would have made a pretty picture, but it is pretty delicious.

Yay for no grains!

No comments:

Post a Comment