Tuesday, October 8, 2013

35 days of no grain

I can't believe that I'm already at 35 days. I realized I've made a few oops and errors along the way (I ate peanuts last week when I was starving only to get a terrible belly ache later...why? They're legumes. Oh and this morning I felt like I had a hangover...I think it's because I ate some cashew cluster and some delicious pumpkin parfait right before dinner...hello sugar.) but overall I've been doing really good. I've incorporated a few seed based items (chia, flaxseed) and of course the chickpea flour and almond meal...but really I haven't missed things. I was really excited about the flaxseed crackers and think that tomorrow I will have some with my lunch. I have a weird day tomorrow so flaxseed crackers with cheese is a good lunch...maybe with some veggies to munch on too.

I have found that the Wheat Belly cookbook and PaleOMG have been great resources for me as well as Satisfying Eats. They have facebook groups too which just make life easier. Don't know what to make for dinner? Boom! There it is on facebook...or something that inspires me to make something similar. My husband is even getting more involved. He asked to get spaghetti squash (Mr. Iamnotafanofspaghettisquash) so that we could make some of our favorite asian noodle dishes. Speaking of which, I think I was supposed to make that tomorrow...that's not going to happen now since I get to babysit my 2 year old niece (she's super cute).

Anyway...overall I'm finding that this is becoming much easier. I do want to throw out a bunch of food (or give away) that is in the house, but my loving husband isn't sure if we should do that yet since we'll be having guests over for the next few months (hello holidays and the first year of owning our home). I may still throw away some stuff...I don't really want to give it away since I don't want my friends and family eating white flour and processed foods...but they don't want to stop so am I enabling by giving it to them??? Or maybe wait for food drives...but same worry there...oh well...throwing it out isn't always a good idea either.

Long story short, I'm loving eating this way...I just wish I prepared better on days that I'm not really going to be home, but for 35 days in, I'm doing pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment