Monday, October 21, 2013

Accidental gluten intake turns red!

On day 46 I went to lunch at the Brat Stop, one of my favorite indulgences (today is day 48 which wow how did that happen). Anyway...I know that all of the sausages there are gluten free...I know that their cheddar cheese soup is not (stupid flour) and made sure that their chili was. My problem on Saturday was french fries. I have been so good and did not eat any fried cheese curds...but husband got some fries and I had 3...yup, 3 little french fries...and soon afterwards I was a red splotchy mess, felt feverish, dehydrated and like crap...all from 3 little french fries. My husband also got splotchy but I don't think he had the full body reaction that I had.

The nice thing was my parents were in town so if my Dad ever thought I was kidding about my intolerance...he got to see it first hand (I knew my Mom didn't need to see it to believe it but she got to see it too).

So my lesson as been learned.

Since I had already had a messed up day with that I opted to try gluten free pasta that night. We have this amazing Italian restaurant near us (Via Roma) and my parents really wanted to go back...we went...I had delicious oxtail (a special) with the gluten free pasta. My Mom and husband did the same (because they are awesome). I ate maybe a half of a cup of my pasta as a treat...but really just devoured the oxtail and was happy.

It was nice getting to have a gluten free pasta treat...but I won't be making it all the time. I really like the way I have changed how I eat and I feel much better about myself. The scale and my pant size may not represent how thin I feel...but the mirror shows it well :) My thighs have always been a trouble spot for me and they are getting smaller and smaller...and my skin is just looking great. I really like this lifestyle change...and dare you all to give it a try :)

No comments:

Post a Comment