Monday, October 28, 2013

More delicious food

One of the things that I'm really loving about going grain free is all of the new recipes that I've been trying. Things that I've never thought of combining before...or things that I've eaten but never thought I would make.

This weekend we started trying out paleo stuffing recipes for Thanksgiving. I need to make something that everyone will enjoy but will still be ok for me and the hubby to eat. Traditionally we had a meat stuffing with sausage and hamburger meat, Pepperidge Farms herb stuffing and then some celery and egg and broth. So going paleo/grain free means that I can still have all of the meat (yay meat) just not the breading. Luckily there are lots of options out there. Yesterday we started with this one minus the cranberries and I think less onion that she calls for. She is not overreacting when she says "Eat it up!!! OMG..." it is so freaking yummy! I have a feeling we will stick with Juli's recipe (with my minor adaptations) but we have a few more to try.

Additionally, I mentioned trying things that I wouldn't think of trying together. Today's lunch is just that. I cooked up a bunch of chicken to go with the stuffing last night, so we had leftovers. I cut up some leftover chicken, added some apples, grapes, almond butter and honey....mix...serve inside of bibb lettuce. The recipe called for romaine but no...that is not a good wrap in my opinion. This lunch is freaking delicious! I'm so excited to play around with these flavors even more.

With all of the recipe searching and blog reading I've been doing, I reintroduced myself to pinterest. Now that I'm using it more, I see how addictive it can be. I'm pinning way too much stuff but it's much easier to access on my shiny, new Iphone 5S...and I'm able to just look it up and start making it in the kitchen. On my galaxy 3 I would look things up but didn't really have them saved...using pinterest is helping with that saving part.

I do need to start learning how to make my own recipes, and not just the coconut chicken and broccoli & cauliflower...though that was yummy. Eating this way for almost 2 months I can cut myself a bit of slack though in terms of not creating everything on my own yet...at least I'm cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment