Friday, April 1, 2011

I make a mean soba noodle salad (cold with cucumber)

I am in LOVE with the soba noodle salad I made for lunch today. I will try to remember everything that I did so that you all may share the love with me. All ingredients are approximate.

1 serving soba noodles
3 garlic cloves
3 green onions
1/2 red pepper (small)
2 handfuls baby spinach
handful of mushrooms
1/2 english cucumber
rice vinegar
braggs amino liquid
lime
sesame oil
salt & pepper

Start boiling water for the soba noodles and cook as directed.

In a hot pan, add a bit of sesame oil and add onions, garlic, red pepper...saute for a few minutes, then add the mushrooms, saute a few minutes more, add the spinach and cook down (salt & pepper to taste).

In a seperate bowl, combine a tbsp or 2 of rice vinegar and braggs amino (or soy sauce) and juice a small lime. Mix together.

Cut up half of the cucumber (I quartered then into thirds or so, kind of julienne style I suppose)

Drain the soba noodles and rinse in cold water.

Put the noodles in the pan with the veggies and mix around. Add the liquid and mix. Add the cucumbers and mix. Put into a container and drizzle a bit more sesame oil on top (shake the container to mix!)

Refrigerate for a while (I let it sit over night and had it for lunch today).

I am so loving this recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment