Thursday, March 31, 2011

Spring cleanse, day 4

The most challenging part is over! Two more days of a cleanse but food is involved now.

I want to try to express how I felt during the past few days of this cleanse.

Day 1 - lots of energy, excited about trying new green smoothies and an all vegetable smoothie/soup. Yoga bootcamp to cleanse the body (sweat) and spirit.

Day 2 - energy starting to fall, lots of emotions coming up, lots of thoughts creeping up, made a dinner of all vegetable smoothie/soup and could not eat much of it. Took a bath to cleanse the body, read a book instead of watching TV. Ran in the morning with the pup to cleanse the body and spirit.

Day 3 - emotionally drained, energy dropping, decided it was time to cleanse other areas of my life. Deleted old emails, removed the past that I was holding onto (the negative stuff) and began to shift my focus to the present and positiveness. Hot vinyasa yoga to cleanse the body and spirit from the inside out. Water and tea for dinner (no appetite) though I had to fight that.

I luckily had a friend to text because I was wanting to make a salad for dinner, but the cleanse was all about smoothies and water...I did not give into the urge, I managed to make it through the 3 days of intense cleansing.

This morning eating a bagel thin with almond butter was one of the most delicious things ever. Even though this was 3 days of intense cleanse, and I will do 2 days of vegan food (to transition back), I feel it is important to challenge our bodies and our minds like this. We can do so much if we just believe in ourselves. I wanted to give in, but a friend reminded me to stay strong.

We put so much emphasis on food, it ties in with our emotions, we celebrate with special food, we are concerned about what we are going to eat and when. Our bodies are made to go 40 days without any food, yet we are always so concerned with it.

Take a step back...yes, food is fuel that we need, but how many of us need that much fuel every single day of the year? Allowing myself to step away from that provided insight into me. It allowed me to let go of so much, so many things I didn't even know I was holding onto.

I feel lighter, more free, happier, ready to take on the next challenge.

We'll see how I feel after I get to clean the apartment :)

No comments:

Post a Comment