Monday, March 28, 2011

Spring time, new cleanse

I decided that 2011 is going to be the year of seasonal cleansing. In January, as you will recall, I completed a 30 day vegan challenge. That went really well, and I have so many wonderful recipes that I get to use whenever I like.

This cleanse is much shorter...3 days and day 1 is done. I'm doing a full green smoothie cleanse for 3 days. I'm opting for fruit & greens for breakfast and lunch, and vegetable & greens for dinner. So far, today went well. I feel like I have more energy, yoga bootcamp went really well today. Tomorrow morning will be a run so we'll see how I feel then.

Breakfast and lunch was the same smoothie from "The Green Smoothies Diet" book, created by Robyn Openshaw, the Green Smoothie Girl.
Kale Tangelo Tonic
2 1/2 cups water
1 bunch kale
bag of spinach
5 clementines
1 banana
3 cups frozen mixed berries
lemon/lemon juice
agave nectar
and I added some hemp seeds too

Dinner was from the Raw Family website, the Soup Gazpacho:
3 leaves kale, stems removed
1 bunch basil
3 large tomatoes
2 stalks celery
1 red bell pepper
1 large avocado
1 lime, juiced
1 cup water

and I added some flax seed oil

Only water to drink...though I did indulge in some sparkling water.

My plan for tomorrow is an Arugula & Pear smoothie, and making some Thai Soup or Cucumber Dillicious soup for dinner. Of course, lots depends on how I feel during and after my run.

My next cleanse will be in the summer, either a 30 day green smoothie detox (2 green smoothies and 1 green meal a day) or another vegan month leaning towards more raw vegan...and the fall cleanse, not sure yet :)

No comments:

Post a Comment