Wednesday, March 30, 2011

More thoughts on cleansing

I'm on day 3 of one of the more intense cleanses that I have ever done. I'm reminded that completing a cleanse is not just about the physical aspect, but the mental, emotional, and symbolic ones as well.

I have started to shed some of the old from my life and try to focus on the new. I am trying to learn how to love myself for who and what I am, and let go of the things I am not fond of.

I want to clean my entire apartment, to ensure that the cleansing is throughout my life, including my home.

I am running or doing yoga everyday this week so that I might cleanse my spirit and get some sweat out.

I went through and cleaned up old emails, and deleted old folders that no longer have a hold on me. I was holding onto old emails from people who are no longer a part of my life, there is no need to keep those negative reminders around.

The emotional toll on me is pretty big right now, but I am working through and letting go. I dropped a few tears last night, a form of cleansing in and of itself. I am working towards being more open so that I can let go and be more free.

Even with the life I have and I love, there is always ways to improve upon the life, the love, and the self...and that is what I am trying to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment