Tuesday, April 12, 2011

40 Days to Personal Revolution

I have decided to continue on in my path with yoga and follow Baron Baptiste's book. I've thought of doing this 40 day "challenge" in the past but was not ready for it. After getting the book I realize that it's so much more than I thought it was.

Week one is all about presence. "Waking up and becoming fully present to your body, mind, and life".

Yoga practice changes each week. The first week is a 20 minute practice. I did the practice yesterday morning but then went to a hot vinyasa class last night that went 70 minutes...so 90 minutes on day one...it felt good but I need to make sure I don't overdo it the first week.

Meditation is a big part of this experience. During the first week you meditate twice a day, once in the morning and once in the evening. I did well with my morning meditation yesterday, but after going to the White Sox game last night, I did not meditate well last night (I forgot until I was in bed and then tried there, which you really can't do). I'll be more aware this evening.

Then there is balancing the diet. Right now it's about being present with the food I put in, and identifying where my body is, since we're in flux I need to be in touch with that.

In addition to this, I want to continue my normal running routine, but after the Shuffle, my hamstring is sore and tight and I'm wondering if I should take another day of rest. So I'm listening to my body and have gone on two good walks with the dog this morning, in addition to my 20 minute yoga practice and 5 minute meditation.

This is day 2 and I am enjoying it so far.

In addition to the physical and meditative aspects, there are questions to ask myself, 5 of them. I'm reading them each day and thinking about them, but I'm not quite sure what my answers are, and I think that will be in flux.

No comments:

Post a Comment