Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Day 10 - 40 days to personal revolution

I am into the double digits already, this is quite exciting.

I have noticed some changes with my way of thinking, and the challenges I have in pushing the negative thoughts out of me, not just pushing them down. There is a difference for sure. The pushing down means they will pop up again. During my meditation I am trying to identify the thoughts, and afterwards, let them leave my body and mind.

One I really like that I am keeping is as follows: "I need to accept myself and my body how it is before I can change it." This means, before I will even see the differences in my body and be worthy of it (since I will accept it and treasure it), I need to accept and love me for who I am now. If I can love myself how I am now, I can love myself how I will be.

I'm so focused on weight and appearance, and I do not really focus on the deeper parts of me. I suppose I feel that I am a good person on the inside. For the most part that is true, but since I am a "people pleaser" (historically) I may come across as a sycophant. That is not what I want to be viewed as. I want to do the right thing and be there for people, but not at the cost of myself and my views. This is going to be something else that I work on during this journey.

As for the yoga practice itself, I feel stronger each day, even when I'm sore and slightly weak. I held side plank properly on each side today again, though I took an extra breath to get setup. I find that I am taking the proper amount of time each day with my practice (30 minutes on the nose today) though all I am doing is following my breath. Ragdoll has become a favorite pose for me this week and I plan on taking it often in the future :) My cat did practice with me a bit this morning, but luckily the dog stayed in bed. My mind did try to convince me to just do the meditation this morning and go to a class in the afternoon for my practice, but I was committed to being on my mat this morning and glad that I was. I plan on going to practice tonight as well, possibly flow or sculpt, but it will be ok if I don't.

Wonderful day today, lots of possibilities!

No comments:

Post a Comment