Tuesday, April 19, 2011

40 days to personal revolution - Day 9

I am definitely on a journey, that is for sure.

The meditation for week 2 is to listen to the tapes that are on repeat in your mind. It is tiring to listen to those tapes for two 10 minute sessions a day. I had no idea how negative my tapes are. I am really quite hard on myself. I hope that over the next few weeks I will find a way to let go of those thoughts and move forward into a more positive tape regarding me.

The yoga practice is becoming something more familiar. I am still trying to get in my doubles, but yesterday that was difficult. I was up at 4:45 yesterday morning due to a puppy...but stayed awake for my meditation and yoga practice before getting ready for work. I then went to yoga after work. It was supposed to be bootcamp/sculpt, however, it ended up being an intense 60 minute flow and I was in the hottest corner of the room. I fell asleep before class and at the end of class...during class I had difficulties keeping up in a few areas and took child's pose which is fine. When it was time to leave though, I had no energy left...and was exhausted. This morning my practice was a bit difficult since my arms were quite sore. I like the sore feeling, but it does make it difficult for Sun A, Sun B and Side Plank (which I did not need the modification today!).

I am pleased though. The diet this week is focusing on eating whole foods and minimizing the processed stuff. Typically that is my life, eating more whole foods and minimal processed, or so I though. Tonight I am using a frozen fish as opposed to a fresh one...and I have been tempted to use some canned beans already this week, but I will do my best to keep everything fresh. My diet the past two days is as follows:

Monday:
Breakfast - green smoothie (red chard, spinach, wheatgrass, pear, kiwi, frozen berries)
Lunch - greek yogurt, raw granola bar
Snack - pretzels with almond butter
Dinner - shrimp stir fry with rice noodles

Tuesday:
Breakfast - green smoothie (kale, spinach, wheatgrass, goji berries, banana, pineapple, hemp seed)
Lunch - cucumber, hummus, pita chips
Snack - grapes with almond butter
Dinner - tortilla lime encrusted tilapia tacos

I think it's a pretty good mixture of things and I am trying to go as fresh as possible...and tomorrow I will be eating chicken and rice with veggies for dinner...a salad for lunch and possibly adding a boca burger to it so I can have some protein (yes I realize that is processed, but I need the protein). It's not about beating yourself up of course, it's about being aware and being connected.

I am feeling more relaxed overall and more aware. I have not been list writing, though I feel the need to write a list of the things I need to remember to get before going away for the Easter weekend...but if I forget it, I forget it. I am making a strong effort to go with the flow.

I am excited about this journey...and I am already 9 days in. This is going by faster than my vegan experiment...and that one flew by pretty quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment