Wednesday, April 13, 2011

40 days to a personal revolution - day 2 and morning 3

I've decided that I'm going to keep track of a few things on this journey. I won't post all of the details of everyday on this blog, since that seems a bit TMI, but I'd be happy to share it if anyone is interested.

I am reflecting on things each day (or going to try to), as well as keeping track of what I do regarding the "plan" versus my own interests. For example, no additional workouts are needed during the 40 days. In the book it states, "you can continue, but I would also encourage you to lessen them. This program will give you what you need, and as you progress, you may no longer want to do your other activities." I'm going to try to keep up my normal routine but not force myself to. I've already found I just need to listen to my body as it really does know best. For example, yesterday though part of me really wanted to go for a run, my hamstring was still tight from the Shuffle...but a bike ride seemed like it would be great. It was a short ride, but it was a ride and I felt wonderful afterwards.

As far as reflections go, or funny stories...one of the best things, which I find hilarious, involves my puppy Charlie. Yesterday I did meditation after he and I had gone for his morning walk. He then decided it was play time, and whacked me quite a few times with his rope tug toy. Somehow I managed to stay in my meditation, but I learned very quickly meditation is best when Charlie is still asleep in the other room!

My yoga practice with a cat and a dog in the house is fun as well. This morning my cat, Bastian, decided that he needed to be on my mat. This really is nothing new, except that he kept returning to it after I'd move him off. Usually, he gets the hint...I guess he wanted to practice this morning with me. He was purring during my meditation which assisted me in finding my breath.

Some interesting things that I've had come to mind in my reflections. I'm feeling more connected to myself already and stronger. Today I felt that all I wanted was greens and other veggies to eat (green smoothie for breakfast, lunch of a salad and cucumbers and hummus, I already made some ratatouille for dinner). I feel energized as well. I did not think that getting up at 6am was going to be positive for me (though my normal wake up time is 6:30). I have lots of energy this morning and feel encouraged to wake up at 6 tomorrow to meditate and either have a yoga practice or go for a run (since tomorrow night is a yoga practice and creative chakra event at Luluemon).

So far, I am becoming more engaged in this process and excited to see what the next 37 days hold in store for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment