Friday, April 15, 2011

Day 5 of 40 days (yoga)

Why do I have a feeling this is going to be similar to my vegan month in terms of seeing how "easy" things can be if we are motivated to do them?

I admit, it is hard to face myself sometimes...the more I practice, the more open I become and honest I become with myself. I'm learning to let go of things, I'm learning to realize what it is I really want to change/improve. It's quite enlightening, and scary. I'm also finding I'm stronger than I think I am. What's interesting is that one of the places I practice at, which I love, I don't feel as though I am as strong there. We move through flow very quickly there, and perhaps that is part of it. I can't put my finger on it just yet, but I am being open to seeing what it is there within myself.

I enjoy taking the time to eat right. I always do when I do it properly (for me). I don't like putting crap in my body, yet sometimes I fall victim to the "it's easier" BS...it's really not. Making one batch of ratatouille involves prep time of maybe 15 minutes, cook time of a couple of hours (where you stir every once and a while) and it gives me dinner and 2 lunches...with just 15 minutes of me involved time (maybe 20 when you include putting it away). I just feel better when I have lots of fruits and veggies in me and minimal processed crap.

The dog is not understanding my new routine though. He (again) woke me up at 3am needing to go outside. 5 minutes after we came in, he let me know something was wrong, to which I assumed he needed to go out again...so we did, for 30 minutes...and he did nothing, because he didn't need to, he needed water. I still got up 2 hours later for meditation and yoga practice...and as I was getting to my mat, he needed to go out. He couldn't give me the 20 minutes I needed! But, I have learned, to let that go...everything happens for a reason, and perhaps I needed a few extra minutes to truly come to my mat this morning...perhaps. Just like I couldn't make my smoothie because the timing was all off for me to get to work, so I stopped and got a fresh egg and cheese sammich at Panera. I could have opted for a variety of "fast food" options, but I knew that was the closest thing to homemade I could get, and I need the protein.

I am noticing some changes within myself and physically. I feel my arms changing...they are sore but it's ok...and tomorrow I just have to practice and then a day of rest. Of course having double practice 3 out of the 5 days this week, and adding a bike ride on a 4th day has nothing to do with it (and a run tomorrow).

Meditation is becoming a key part of my day as well. I look forward to my morning meditation, and I am making better time for my evening meditation. When it increases to 30 minutes instead of 5 I might be singing a different tune though.

No comments:

Post a Comment