Monday, April 25, 2011

Week 3 - equanimity

After a fast weekend with lots of traveling, cooking, and celebrating, it's back home and ready to start week 3. I will say that over the weekend my yoga practice hit a new level where side plank just made sense, so yay for that!

This morning my alarm went off at 5am so that I could meditate and complete my yoga practice before work...that did not happen. I did get up at 6 and was able to complete my meditation...15 minutes. I was strong with my meditation. I was able to acknowledge that my body wanted to fidget and let go of that...somehow though, I allowed myself to drift out, no longer focusing on my breath or even being 100% present...and BAM! Both hands moved up to my face and touched my nose. Well sh*t...I don't even know how it happened, but I need to pay attention to that.

I have reached out to my amazing yogi friend Megan today (she is the owner of TruHarmony where I practice) to see about my practice. I feel conflicted as to whether I should be following the practice provided in the book 100% or mix it up by attending some group classes and some of my own. I also feel the need to add more running back in. I haven't really run in 2 weeks, I've been so focused on my yoga.

I also feel as though I am not following the diet as well as I could be...I don't know what else I can do other than be more portion control aware, but I've been tracking everything and I seem to be under rather than over (except this past weekend I totally overindulged).

If I take away how I feel today (due to a busy travel filled weekend with a baby shower and cooking for Easter thrown in)...I am feeling much stronger and more fit overall. Today I feel exhausted and bloated and negative but I'm trying to change that by thinking positive thoughts.

According to the book, "Equanimity is the art of meeting life as it meets you". I am trying already to practice this...this week it just becomes my focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment