Sunday, November 4, 2012

Grown up decisions and fears - female perspective

Warning to those that follow this blog, I'm going to be sharing some personal information and potentially some graphic girl stuff that you may not want to read. Also, please don't make assumptions about other decisions that may or may not be happening in my life because of what I'm about to talk about.

With that being said...after 17/18 years (ugh is it really that long) I have decided to come off of the birth control pill. In about a week. It has been a decision that my husband and I have discussed and I'm just ready to be off of it.

When you take a medication for more than half of your life though, I'm finding that there is some separation anxiety. I mean I was a teenager when I started all those years ago. I don't even remember what my cycle was like back then. I went on it to help regulate and because, well, I was a responsible teenager to a point.

I've been reading all sorts of blogs and message boards about how women adjust to going off of the pill and I"m nervous, I'm not going to lie. Initially I was nervous about the change in routine, but now I"m nervous about becoming an emotional freak of nature (more so than I already am).

So while I won't share all of the details on here, I think it's important that there be as much information out there as possible for other women going through this situation. You are not alone. It's scary and weird and exciting and nerve wracking and all of it...but it is a decision that I have made, and I'm excited about it. I also figure if I really miss taking a pill at night, I'll just take a vitamin.

There is a part of me though that can't believe I'm a grown up who is making a decision like this...I also can't believe I have been on that medication for more of my life than I was not on it...and I'm not a big fan of medication!

No comments:

Post a Comment