Monday, November 26, 2012

Return to yoga

After a weekend full of wonderful times, food and wine...and luckily a run on Thanksgiving, it was time to detox a bit today. Oh and watching this video helped inspire me too:


So I went to my favorite yoga studio TruHarmony Yoga for some morning flow. Jenny was the instructor and Hillary was working the front desk, and then there was me. I have to admit that was a wonderful class this morning. Jenny was trying to give both Hillary and me what we wanted which was the total opposite of each other. I wanted to ease back into the hot vinyasa class and Hillary wanted a tough vinyasa flow...we settled in the middle.

I feel great and I need to remember how great I feel after a practice in a class. I love practicing yoga and do it on my own frequently, but there's something about doing it in a studio (especially a heated studio) that just pushes me farther.

My goal for the rest of this week (birthday week at that) is to incorporate yoga or meditation into my day all week...the days that I run I will do meditation or short yoga practice...and the days I do not run I will either go to the studio or do a DVD of yoga. I think that is a great birthday gift to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment